NetGalley

Professional Reader 80% 25 Book Reviews 2016 NetGalley Challenge

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Glory Over Everything: Beyond The Kitchen House - Review

Glory Over Everything:  Beyond  The  Kitchen  House  🌟🌟🌟🌟
by Kathleen Grissom
Published by Simon & Schuster


Finished 9/5/16

Thank  you to NetGalley and Simon & Schuster for an egalley.  I chose to listen to a finished audio copy.

Jamie Pike from The Kitchen House is now James Burton, wealthy silversmith and artist of Philadelphia.  I  think I liked this more than the original, even though I've given them both 4 stars.  There are some wonderful characters  that we get to know, and James, although very well formed  and sympathetic, was probably my least  favorite, when compared to the truly great (and not as well formed) Robert, Pan, Addy, and Sukie.  I greatly appreciated the ease in following the chapters (each told us what year it was and whose point of view was up).  Gradually I  was completely absorbed and taken by the story, which had some sad moments and heartbreak, some close calls, death as well as new life, and with the Underground Railroad perhaps some hope for the future.

I think the author could very well continue the story even more, but it sounds like that's  not in the cards, which is sadly our loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment