NetGalley

Professional Reader 80% 25 Book Reviews 2016 NetGalley Challenge

Sunday, November 26, 2017

The Wife Between Us -Review

The Wife Between Us  ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ
by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen  
Publishing by St Martin's Press January 9 2018 


Wow, where to start?  I'm  reading along thinking the alternating points of view are leading down one road, and then BAM, nothing is as it seems and the path to the climax takes an entirely different course.  Some readers are going to hate this, some will love it.  Some will be sooooo confused.  You may need to go back and reread parts.

For me, I felt somewhat manipulated and kept asking myself if what happened really made any sense.  I kept with it, through more twists and turns, until the very end.  And then I started it over again.  And yes, it did make sense knowing now what I didn't know before.  So, touche and congrats to the author for pulling it off!
 
Absolutely not what I expected at all, from the title or from the first few chapters.  

My thanks to St. Martin's Press and NetGalley.  

No comments:

Post a Comment