NetGalley

Professional Reader 80% 25 Book Reviews 2016 NetGalley Challenge

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

The Stars Are Fire - Review

The Stars Are Fire  🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟  4.75 stars
by Anita Shreve
Published April 18 2017 by Knows Publishing Group
Read June 13 2017

Man, I didn't realize how much I have missed Anita Shreve until I started this book one morning and finished it that night.  It is that good. I enjoyed Grace's story tremendously. 

Grace is a thoughtful young woman feeling confused and trapped in what I would call an odd marriage, when the Maine coast is set ablaze one particularly dry autumn.  Wildfires wreak devastation for miles.  Everyone she knows is affected by the fires, by the huge losses, and by the kindness of strangers.  This is how Grace survives and comes into her own.  Her husband is missing and it gives her time to consider a different kind of future for herself and her children.  
Wonderful female characters make up most  of the cast -- women you just want to cheer on or give them a hug.  I was just a little disappointed by the Epilogue, but I definitely do recommend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment