NetGalley

Professional Reader 80% 25 Book Reviews 2016 NetGalley Challenge

Friday, March 24, 2017

Everything Belongs to Us - Review

Everything Belongs to Us    ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ
by Yoojin  Grace Wirtz
Published February 28 2017 by Random House


Finished 3/24/17

Since I don't exactly keep abreast of what happens in South Korea, this story of student  protests in the 70s was interesting  at first. Halfway through, however, I felt a little lost and my interest waned.   The two female friends Jisun, rich girl studying life, and Namin, poor girl studying medicine, were refreshingly independent and intelligent. The two rebellious male characters did not engage me in the least. By the end, I was skipping pages and cared only what happened to Namin.  Her struggle to become someone was probably very typical. I am not sure what I  was supposed to glean from this story.  Everyone seemed so remote and distant from each other it was hard to feel anything for them.  

Thanks to Random House for a free review copy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment