NetGalley

Professional Reader 80% 25 Book Reviews 2016 NetGalley Challenge

Friday, March 10, 2017

The Couple Next Door - Review

The Couple Next Door    🌟🌟🌟
by Shari Lapena
Published August 23 2016 by Pamela Dorman Books


Finished 3/10/17

The Couple Next Door is a fast-paced read that I finished in less than 24 hours. It felt like a race to the finish line.  Twists and turns, yes.  Multiple suspects and red herrings, yes.  Surprise ending, you bet, although I  wasn't that surprised given the set up.  

I was impressed with the plot, but the writing less so.  It felt repetitive and the endless inner monologues of the married couple had me gritting and grinding my teeth until they hurt.  None of the characters were people I'd  like to know.  However, it all worked to build the suspense and keep me interested until the very last sentence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment