NetGalley

Professional Reader 80% 25 Book Reviews 2016 NetGalley Challenge

Friday, March 3, 2017

In a Dark, Dark Wood - Review

In  Dark, Dark Wood   🌟🌟🌟🌟
by Ruth Ware
Published July 30 2015 by Harvill  Secker  


Finished 3/2/17

Well, shucks, I was loving this little thrill ride right up until the end approached.  A fast, easy read with a few scares thrown in, it turned out not to be a thriller in the real sense, but more psychological as you try to figure out which of these misfits stuck in a glass vacation house for a strange weekend is a mmmmurderrrrrrrrrer.

It really did scare me quite a bit, picturing them  in this house with one side completely glass facing the woods.  I cannot sit in a house at night with no curtains; I feel like I'm on a stage just as these people did, even if common sense says the chances of there being anyone out there watching are remote. 

As the story wrapped up, unfortunately there were too many little questions I  had that were not answered, and the implications of the title were not realized.  Had to deduct a star from what had been shaping up to be 5 stars for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment